Fairgrounds is an immersive art, entertainment and gaming company whose mission is to create inhabitable stories that empower everyone to discover and play inside whimsical worlds of imagination, driven by technological innovation and artistic collaborations.
Our artist-made environment is a choose-your-own-experience museum with multiple ways for you to become part of the narrative. We’re Tampa Bay’s first destination for experiencing immersive art and technology that highlights weird, wacky, wonderful Florida.
We’re a team of artists, technologists, creatives and entrepreneurs who have come together to create a place and space to celebrate the diverse and talented creative communities in Florida and Tampa Bay. As an organization we value play, creativity, craft, innovation, kindness, collaboration and equality.
Our initial call for artists is closed. The initial call was announced in April, 2020. Future calls will be announced to our VIP Insiders Club Members. Join Fairgrounds Insiders Club to receive first notice of open calls.
Fairgrounds Core Value No.3
Be Collaborative & Kind
We are fair-minded, empathetic and team-oriented. We believe in “do-it-togetherness”. We champion the growth of the individual for the betterment of the team. We celebrate the success of others because we understand that it helps us all.
Managing Director – Full Time
Fairgrounds St. Pete is seeking an experienced Managing Director with a proven leadership, business development and strategic planning background to oversee daily operations and help grow our immersive art & technology experience. In this key leadership position you will report directly to the CEO and manage various teams including Experience, Production, and Marketing as well as oversee our financial reporting, retail, maintenance and sales efforts. Fairgrounds St. Pete is a dynamic start-up and a recognized attraction brand with over 2 years of operating history.
As the Managing Director, you will be also responsible for growing sales, overseeing marketing plans, strategic decision-making and expanding our market reach. You are an inspired, energetic, and collaborative leader, able to think outside the box to market our unique experience to locals and tourists. Bonus points for candidates with existing connections within the Florida and Tampa Bay markets.
You are entrepreneurial and passionate about taking on the challenges of growing a young start-up, emphatic about customer service, and have previous experience in the entertainment, hospitality, or arts industries? If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment, we invite you to apply.
- Key leadership position creating and then achieving high level goals and strategies of the company.
- Oversee financial reporting, tax reporting, risk management and relationship with the property manager. Prepare and review budgets. Report to CEO and Board of Directors.
- Manage Experience, Production and Marketing teams, as well as outside contractor(s).
- Increase brand awareness and sales, including regular admission, group and event sales. Target the tourism market to increase ticket sales.
- Oversee facility operations, maintenance, safety and security with the help of Experience and Production teams
- Ensure top quality customer service, and a seamless and fun experience for all guests
- Recruit and manage staff, lead meetings.
- Minimum 4 years or more of proven attraction, hospitality or art operation management.
- Sales, marketing and branding expertise.
- Willingness to work evening and weekend hours, holidays and attend events.
- Exceptional customer service skills and rapport.
- Have strong listening and communication skills.
- Proficient in Google Suite (Sheets, Docs and Drive).
- Proficiency in Ticketing, Point of Sale (POS) and Scheduling Systems.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of the Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg business communities and cultural landscape.
- Experience with business sales analytics and QuickBooks.
- Experience, contacts and resources in sales and marketing, theatrical and/or art production
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Visit : fairgrounds.art/apply
Museum Exhibit Technician – Full Time
Fairgrounds St. Pete is seeking a skilled technician with expertise in AV/lighting and electrical aptitude to join our team as an Exhibit Maintenance Technician. At Fairgrounds St. Pete, we proudly showcase a diverse array of customized and artist-crafted artwork installations, accompanied by audio, lighting, projection, and interactive electronic devices that communicate through a computer network.
Day-to-day responsibilities encompass a wide range of tasks, including exhibit maintenance, the repair and enhancement of scenic and sculptural elements, troubleshooting and wiring of electronics, managing computer operating systems for configuration, monitoring, and control, as well as maintaining inventories of shop supplies and components. When challenges arise, your meticulous approach to tracking and documenting problems while collaborating with various stakeholders to identify the optimal solution before implementing a fix will play a vital role.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed learner with excellent communication, organizational, and technical skills. Furthermore, they should demonstrate a passion for expanding their skillset and embracing the cutting-edge technologies that drive our immersive art and storytelling experiences.
To apply visit: fairgrounds.art/apply
- Conduct routine startup/shutdown/setup of exhibits for normal operation and for events
- Diligently monitor the museum during operation to ensure a seamless experience for visitors
- Support daily technical operations of the exhibit and maintain operations logs
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure exhibits run smoothly and stay in top condition
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all exhibits, scenic elements and exhibit systems
- Troubleshoot exhibits and related equipment in order to identify problems and develop solutions
- Troubleshoot low voltage devices, circuits and wiring using multimeter, replacing and resoldering new components as needed
- Troubleshoot AC power components, building outlets, circuit breakers and power distribution devices
- Identify specialty repair jobs, and coordinate with team members or trade of expertise to ensure proper completion
- Interpret specifications, schematics and diagrams and construct layouts and reference points for workers
- Produce schedules and timelines for conducting closed-day/after-hour repairs and upgrades
- Maintain a maintenance inventory, specify and order materials/supplies as needed
- Contribute to standard operating procedures (SOPs) to improve quality and efficiency of maintaining exhibits over time
- Self-learn new skills, tools, techniques and software to tackle new challenges as they arise
- Work closely with our team to uphold our commitment to creating high quality experiences through material craft and artistry
- 2 to 4+ years experience in a related field
- AC electrical and/or low voltage experience
- Experience with DMX lighting systems and/or projection mapping
- Strong general knowledge of wiring, power supplies, controllers, projectors, video monitors, audio equipment, lighting fixtures, and how these elements work together to create an interactive, immersive experience
- Experience with electrical diagnostic tools—ohm meters and voltage testers
- Extensive hand and power tool experience
- Commitment to working in a safe and efficient manner, especially when working with electricity, on ladders or at heights
- Ability to safely mount AV/lighting components from trusses at ceiling height
- Ability to cleanly manage and route cabling in-ceiling with attention to service loops and cable strain relief
- Position or moving of objects up to 75 lbs; ability to lift 40 lbs overhead
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail in technical record keeping
Nice to Haves
- Experience with computer systems and networking
- Experience with microcontrollers and the Arduino ecosystem
- Certification in a related field, such as technical theater, carpentry/fabrication, mechanical or electrical design
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Compensation: Starting at $20/hr based on skills and experience
- Full Time Position: 40 hours
- Eligible for paid time off and other benefits
- Schedule will overlap weekend days
- Occasional evening and overnight required as job duties demand
- Work environment is primarily indoors, with exposure to sonic environments, dim lighting, visual effects including some strobing lights, special effects, fog machines and small and/or enclosed spaces
- This role routinely uses standard equipment such as ladders and power tools; as well as specialty lighting, low voltage equipment, sensors, micro-controllers, computers, lights, sound, video, and electromechanical elements
- Visit : fairgrounds.art/apply
Guest Experience Guide – Part Time
Fairgrounds St. Pete seeks an upbeat, enthusiastic and energetic customer-focused individual to join our Guest Experience team. In this position, you will make all guests feel welcome and help meet their needs throughout their Fairgrounds St. Pete journey. You will perform entry-level duties that include customer service, maintenance and retail store functions. All Guest Experience Guides will be cross-trained to work in various areas throughout Fairgrounds, but will focus on a particular task during their shift. The ideal candidate is passionate about engaging with the public to provide remarkable experiences at Tampa Bay’s first destination for experiencing immersive art and technology. If you’re a people person who loves sharing and talking, we hope you apply!
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly greetings and engaging customer service to all visitors and guests
- Maintain a positive attitude towards Guests, Co-Workers and the leadership team
- Contribute to the Guest’s experience by anticipating their needs and offering information
- Scan and verify tickets upon entry
- Ensure the safety of all guests, keep Fairgrounds clear of hazards
- Guide guests to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency
- Provide assistance to guests with special needs
- Promote Fairgrounds St. Pete events and memberships through word of mouth or social media
- Maintain clean and organized displays making sure inventory levels are adequate
- Restock merchandise throughout the day
- Process cash and credit card transactions utilizing the Point of Sale system
- Assist with special events including set-up and take-down
- Promote the Fairgrounds St. Pete brand while following rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Fairgrounds Projects Inc.”
- Wipe down and sanitize exhibit and workspaces
- FREE tickets, for Friends and Family!
- Generous Merchandise Discount
- FUN and Creative Work Environment!
- Flexible Schedule
- …and MUCH More!
- Minimum age 17
- Must have ability to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time 3
- Ability to work under pressure with a heightened sense of urgency
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and be a team player
- Have a growth mindset
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and may require the use of a ladder
- 1 year of experience using hand held device (mobile phone, ipad, ipod or tablet)
- Able to occasionally lift up to 40lbs.
- Visit : fgspdev.wpengine.com/apply
- If the need arises, must be willing to follow COVID protocol, including mask wearing and social distancing.
Nice to Haves
- Retail, Hospitality, Museum or Theme Park experience
- Previous cash-handling experience
- Location: 800 28th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
- Starting wage is $12.50 / hour
- We provide a flexible work schedule with 15 – 20 hours/week, weekend availability is required
- Working environment is unique and varies from: office, warehouse, and immersive exhibit