Fairgrounds St. Pete is an immersive arts and technology exhibit in South St. Pete, Florida. We are a ticketed arts, play, and technology destination providing immersive art experiences and educational programming, while supporting creative communities and technical innovation.
Fairgrounds invites visitora to escape reality and explore our interactive story-driven installations by engaging in a world of art, play, joy, and discovery!
Our 15,000 ft2 artist-made environment is a choose-your-own-adventure experience with multiple ways for you to become part of the narrative. Fairgrounds St. Pete will open in 2021 and is Tampa Bay’s first destination for experiencing immersive art and technology that highlights weird, wacky, wonderful Florida.
We’re a team of artists, technologists, creatives and entrepreneurs who have come together to create a place and space to celebrate the diverse and talented creative communities in Florida and Tampa Bay. As an organization we value play, creativity, craft, innovation, kindness, collaboration and equality.
Fairgrounds St. Pete is committed to play, inclusivity, community dialog and storytelling. We use immersive experiences to bring awareness to local and large scale issues.
Our initial call for artists is closed. The initial call was announced in April, 2020. Future calls will be announced to our VIP Insiders Club Members. Join Fairgrounds Insiders Club to keep updated, or register as an artist to receive first notice of open calls. Have an account already? Login here.
Fairgrounds is open for internship opportunities for those in Tampa Bay. Typical internships are 3 months in length with the intention of teaching relevant work-force skills through experiential arts, technology and education projects.
Please note that participating in a Fairgrounds Internship does in no way guarantee a full-time position at Fairgrounds. Our internships opportunities are part-time and based in our St. Petersburg, FL headquarters.
Work with Us
See which positions are most in alignment with your skills, values and interests. If you’re an artist interested in showing work at Fairgrounds, join Fairgrounds Insiders Club or register as an artist to stay tuned in future call-for-artists.
“Fairgrounds is a fantastic place filled with fantastic people.“~said by someone at Fairgrounds recently
Located in St. Pete, Florida
Fairgrounds is proud to have our inaugural destination in St. Pete, a city committed to the arts. In fact, St. Pete has Seven Arts Districts! We are located in the South Saint Pete Warehouse Arts District at The Factory St. Pete; a 90,000 square foot multi-use contemporary arts & cultural venue. We’re excited that our 15,000 sq.ft space is located in the heart of innovation, arts and culture. Our neighbors, and the surrounding community, reflect our commitment to inclusivity, creativity and elevating the arts.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants of all abilities are welcomed to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identification, military status, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or physical or mental ability.
Guest Experience Guide (Guest Services Staff)
Fairgrounds St. Pete seeks an upbeat, enthusiastic and energetic customer-focused individual to join our Guest Experience team. In this position, you will make all guests feel welcome and help meet their needs throughout their Fairgrounds St. Pete journey. You will perform entry-level duties that include customer service, maintenance and retail store functions. All Guest Experience Guides will be cross-trained to work in various areas throughout Fairgrounds, but will focus on a particular task during their shift. The ideal candidate is passionate about engaging with the public to provide remarkable experiences at Tampa Bay’s first destination for experiencing immersive art and technology. If you’re a people person who loves sharing and talking, we hope you apply!
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly greetings and engaging customer service to all visitors and guests
- Maintain a positive attitude towards Guests, Co-Workers and the leadership team
- Contribute to the Guest’s experience by anticipating their needs and offering information
- Scan and verify tickets upon entry
- Ensure the safety of all guests, keep Fairgrounds clear of hazards
- Guide guests to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency
- Provide assistance to guests with special needs
- Promote Fairgrounds St. Pete events and memberships through word of mouth or social media
- Maintain clean and organized displays making sure inventory levels are adequate
- Restock merchandise throughout the day
- Process cash and credit card transactions utilizing the Point of Sale system
- Assist with special events including set-up and take-down
- Promote the Fairgrounds St. Pete brand while following rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Fairgrounds Projects Inc.”
- Wipe down and sanitize exhibit and workspaces
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Must have ability to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work under pressure with a heightened sense of urgency
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and be a team player
- Have a growth mindset
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and may require the use of a ladder
- 1 year of experience using hand held device (mobile phone, ipad, ipod or tablet)
- Able to occasionally lift up to 40lbs.
- Masks must be worn at all times when inside the offices, exhibit, and building.
- Social distancing guidelines apply.
Nice to Haves
- Retail, Hospitality, Museum or Theme Park experience
- Previous cash-handling experience
- Location: St. Pete, Florida
- Starting wage is $11.25 / hour
- We provide a flexible work schedule with 15 – 20 hours/week, weekend availability is required
- Working environment is unique and varies from: office, warehouse, and immersive exhibit